Thursday, May 14, 2015

The blessings of a Mission Family



       Last month was a huge learning/ growing experience. I took off on a road trip with a bunch of missionaries from my mission. We went to St George for my birthday and to attend a wedding of a Elder and Sister from my mission. On top of that, we found out the home coming of a office couple in our mission was that Sunday, so we were able to support the Kleinman's as well.  

      Tears filled my eyes as I listened to Elder and Sister Kleinman testify of the love of our Savior Jesus Christ, of missionary work and the love for the missionaries of the OEM. It was a tender mercy being able to support them. Out of the kindness of their hearts they and their extended family hosted 10 missionaries in their home. Sitting in the car driving back from that whirlwind weekend, I had a insight.

       It was wonderful to see the OEM missionaries come together as a family to support two of our missionaries. Some even came from Alabama and Hawaii to support the happy couple. It  impressed upon me that the bond we forge in the field is not left there. It changes, is strengthened and becomes something eternal. 



       Likewise, the bond we have with Jesus Christ now, as he wades through the muck of a fallen life with us, will not fade in the eternities. Rather, it will be strengthened and made into something eternal. 

What a wonderful promise that is! A eternal friendship with our Savior Jesus Christ.



Painting by artist Greg Olsen

"I am one of His witnesses, and in a coming day I shall feel the nail marks in His hands and in His feet and shall wet His feet with my tears.  But I shall not know any better than I know now that
He is God's Almighty Son, that He is our Savior and Redeemer, and that salvation comes in and through His atoning blood and in no other way."
Quorumn of the Twelve Apostles

This is our time to come to know Him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment